Wednesday, February 15, 2006

How To Help a Loved One With Cancer

Being supportive is one of the easiest ways of helping a loved one deal with a diagnosis of cancer....but what happens when their beliefs are contrary to yours? When you soooo truly want them to check an alternative path to fighting a disease because the conventinal methods used in the past....haven't been that successful?

The answer....just be supportive in their decision....period. Bring up the conversation of alternative therapys, but if they are not open to it, you're not going to change their minds no matter how important YOU think it is. We had asked our brother to get a second and third opinion on his diagnosis before going under the knife.....his response, "No way. I just want to get this over with (surgery, chemo, etc.)." Even though I had stated that after our sister's mastectomy, my research done on the internet, leads me to believe alternative treatments would give him a much better chance of freeing his body from cancer than what the conventinal methods will....I couldn't sway him to even look at the information! Did it distress me? YES....but I have to accept that it is his decision and his body!

For those interested, Dr. Lorraine Day, M.D., has put up the pictures of the breast cancer she had (and it was huge!), but she refused to go through conventional methods of treatment and cleansed her body of the cancer that was infesting it, with alternative methods. I mean, the pictures of the growth she had, tells the whole story, and her doctors told her if she did not have it removed, she would die! Well, she's still here today.....and she's here to tell you that alternative therapies work much better than conventional methods for cancer.

Did you know that some alternative treatments are 75+ years old, proven to work (documentation to back it up), but still cannot be used in main stream medicine due to FDA regulations, government interference, etc.

Doesn't it make you wonder.....does our country really want to have cancer cured? I know I think that often....let's face it, if it becomes widely known that it can be cured naturally, how much money will the government, FDA, corporate America make from a natural cure?

I hope this leads you to at least review some of the sites I've come across to educate yourself should this disease ever attack you. I know that I will not rely on conventional medicine should it become my turn to deal with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home